Our community is seeking its next pioneer team member. The role will be as an Events Manager to Tierramor. This is a full time position living on site in Nosara, Guanacaste. Experience in (or at least an interest in learning about) community building is vital for this role.
Tierramor is a burgeoning community in the Nosara area, which includes two retreat centers, extensive housing and lodging, and a big emphasis on restoring ecosystems. We are currently in the planning and design phase, and engaging with consultants in various areas. Our goal is to break ground in 2023.
Tierramor has a strong focus on regeneration and self-development, commonly expressed by community oriented individuals who understand and share our principles and desire to co-create the space. Part of our team lives on site, and are engaged in a community building aspect of the larger project.
This is an evolving role and we are looking for a highly motivated, flexible person with ability to solve issues and create structures. This is a long-term strategic position in an environment that can resemble a start up, thus, entrepreneurial skills are highly desirable.
The Events Coordinator is ultimately responsible for all facets of our retreats and events programs. This position requires extensive verbal and written communication with individuals and groups, as well as a highly organized and detail-oriented scheduling mind. The events coordinator has varied responsibilities that include sales, booking, staffing, scheduling, and facilitating.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Sales and Promotion
- Schedule and give tours
- Provide pricing and package materials to interested parties within 24-48 hours
- Reach out to and correspond with all leads
- Actively search out new leads
- Develop new clientele and ideas
- Attend all event business promotions
- Communicate with event contacts via phone and email prior to their arrival
- Provide social media content for Tierramor social media platforms, including blogs
- Generate event contracts as well as invoices and schedules
- Follow up and ensure receipt of all necessary paperwork and payments
- Facilitate event planning meetings while taking detailed notes
- Coordinate facility readiness and usage with housekeeping, food service and site and facility staff
- Alert the food service team of any special dietary needs and guest allergies
Retreats & Special Events
- Personally welcome guests upon arrival and orient them to the facility and staff
- Check in vendors and special events guests
- Establish strong relationships with vendors; meet with vendors for walk-throughs, provide event information and set up assistance
- Run every aspect of all events including setup and tear down (request assistance from the site and facility team as necessary)
- Assist with retreat operations as needed (serving, cleanup, basic food prep, driving)
- Inform directors of any guest problems
Qualifications & Experience:
- Prior experience in event planning and 3+ years hospitality or events background
- Organizational ability to manage events and staff effectively
- Desire and ability to work in collaboration with a multitude of individuals from socially diverse backgrounds
- Strong written and verbal communication skill set; must be able to publicly address large groups of people
- Ability to communicate thoughts and ideas to staff (management background desirable)
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time
- Understands the impact of Front Office operations on the Rooms area and overall property financial goals
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints
- Flexibility and adaptability in a variety of situations
- Ability to take control, make sound decisions, and stay level headed in stressful and emergency situations
Compensation Package: Includes compensation + housing and meals on-site included.
To apply: Please send the following to email@example.com
- Your CV/Resume
- A cover letter (one page) explaining why you believe you are a fit for this role
Please title your email “Retreat Program Coordinator 2022 [your name]”
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
If you have questions, you can reach out to us via email.