We are seeking a talented and driven Digital Marketing Point Holder to bolster our marketing efforts. This is a support role that offers an excellent opportunity to experience and learn about the inner workings of a start-up while contributing to its foundation.
If you are a proactive self-starter who thrives in a start-up environment and possesses a strong passion for sustainability, holistic living, community building, and spearheading impactful marketing campaigns, this could be the ideal role for you! Join our team and help us make a positive impact on our retreat center, permaculture research, and vibrant community.
Point Holder Responsibilities
Digital Marketing Strategy Implementation
- Responsible for the in-house creation and/or sourcing of creative assets (infographics, social media + website visual content, promotional materials, etc)
- Craft engaging narratives that highlight our retreat center’s unique offerings, permaculture initiatives, and community values
- Lead the creation of captivating copy and content calendar for various digital platforms, including website content, blog posts, social media posts, email campaigns, and other promotional materials, with oversight from the Founder and the Director of Events
- Support the Founder & Event Director in implementation of comprehensive digital marketing strategies that align with our mission and objectives
- Oversee and manage the organization of our website (in WordPress), ensuring content is up-to-date, visually appealing, and aligns with our branding.
- Work with the web development team (if applicable) to implement improvements, updates, and new features on the website.
Social Media and Community Engagement
- Manage and curate content for Tierramor.cr’s social media accounts (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, ) to increase brand visibility, engagement, and community interaction.
- Develop and implement social media content calendars to ensure regular posting, while fostering meaningful connections with our audience.
- Monitor social media platforms, respond to comments and inquiries, and engage with our online community.
- Support the Founder and the Director of Events in development & adoption of event marketing strategies to promote virtual & in-person retreats, workshops, and other community events.
- Collaborate with the Director of Events and event organizers to create event-specific marketing materials, including promotional graphics and email campaigns.
- Track and analyze event marketing performance to identify areas for improvement and future event success.
What we are looking for
- A team-player who possesses an entrepreneurial mindset and thrives without requiring extensive structure or guidance, effortlessly adapting to any situation.
- Experience in digital marketing, with a passion and focus on content creation, social media management, and digital advertising.
- Proficiency in WordPress web management, with the ability to update, edit, and maintain website content.
- Skilled in design and creation of marketing materials using tools such as Canva, Figma, and/or Photoshop.
- Experience working in Mailchimp
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a talent for crafting compelling stories and engaging marketing copy.
- Familiarity with various social media platforms and their best practices for community engagement and marketing.
- Strong analytical mindset and the ability to interpret data to make data-driven marketing decisions.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and multitasking skills.
- Prior experience in event marketing and promotion or/and working for a start-up is highly desirable.
Working Hours & Compensation
- This is a point holder position, reporting into Tierramor’s Founder and the Director of Events and Programming, with flexible working hours
- This role requires approximately 15 hours per week
- Compensation dependent on experience
Please title your email “Application: Marketing Point Holder 2023 [your name]”
Applications due August 30, 2023
Is it possible to visit Tierramor or stay short term?
Yes! Our Events Calendar is up to date with upcoming retreats, events & workshops.
We will have additional lodging options available in the future. Tierramor will also be hosting approximately four Open Days a year. Please sign up to our newsletter to stay up to date with this.
How many people live in the community and how can I join?
Tierramor is able to comfortably accommodate 30+ people. We anticipate between 10 and 30 people living in the community at any given time. At the moment, 10 people living on site are dedicating the majority of their energy to working on developing the project.
You can join our community as part of the Community Immersion or please check out our latest work opportunities under the Co-Create section.
What types of activities are on offer?
As a retreat center and a burgeoning community, Tierramor offers a variety of week-long retreats, day events and workshops throughout the year. As part of the Community Immersion, all community members will have free access to daily yoga, meditation, dance, and other embodiments practices and can offer to facilitate and share their own practice with the community.
Sign up to our Newsletter to receive updates on upcoming Community Immersion dates!
What is the food like?
Most of the food is vegetarian, and vegans can be accommodated. We aim to have as much local and organic food as possible.
What is the internet like?
All communal areas have internet. Tierramor has also built a dedicated lounge-like co-working space on the land, which is accessible to all community members. The internet is excellent and we hope to install high speed internet soon as well.
What is your children policy?
Right now we are open to adults only. Children are welcome to attend specific day events only. As Tierramor continues to grow and evolve, this may change.
Can I bring my car and what are the roads like?
If you are renting or bringing your own car, make sure you are driving a four-wheel drive (4x4). The majority of roads are unpaved, dirt roads and require a specialized car. You will be able to safely park your vehicle in the designated parking areas at Tierramor.
How do I get to Tierramor?
You can drive, or take a taxi service from Nosara.
1. Type into GPS the following address: Mini Super Y Licores Río Montaña, located in the mango grove area between Nosara and Ostional.
2. Once there, turn into the road towards the mountains which is next to the Mini super Y licores.
3. Head straight for about 0.5 km until you reach a T junction. There will be a river on your right and a road on your left. Go left and follow the road for another mile.
4. You will pass through a teak forest, go over a small bridge and a 2.5 mile dirt road up the hill will take you to Tierramor.
5. You will see signs along the way and a member of our team will meet you up top to help with parking.
How far out of town is Tierramor?
We are located outside of Nosara in the Rio Montana area.
The easiest way to get into town is by car (4x4 necessary) which takes around ~25 minutes in the dry season. The roads can be really bad in the wet season, which makes this a longer and more challenging trip.
How far is the beach from Tierramor?
We are ~25 minutes away from the beach by car (4x4 necessary). There are sometimes shared rides available. The roads can be really bad in the wet season, which makes this a longer and more challenging trip.
Which are the best months to come?
The Dry Season, which extends from November to April, coincides with the peak tourist season. During these months, camping and casita accommodations are at their prime, and it is generally the most enjoyable time to stay at Tierramor. Please note March and April are the hottest months in the Guanacaste region.
The Green Season is exceptionally stunning but can present more challenges, including occasional power and internet outages, heavy rainfall, and difficult road conditions, primarily in the months of August through October.
The weather is greatly influenced by the annual climate patterns.
Is it possible to buy land or a house?
These opportunities are coming soon! Please sign up to our newsletter to stay up to date with this.